Thursday, July 14, 2011

GROCERY CARTS - The Brains Behind the Machine

4.  OK - So we've seen some of the more mechanical types of peeves with shopping carts, but how about the way people use them when they are shopping.


The setting is your average grocery store with a moderate number of people in it.


You're going from aisle to aisle, things are going well... Until...


You turn the corner to go down the next aisle and, lo and behold, there is a shopper who stopped right in the middle of the aisle with their cart.


They're preoccupied with coupons or reading the latest texts they got on their phone, so obviously they don't notice you and your cart wanting to shop a little further down that aisle.


"Maybe I can go around one side or the other", I thought, "But wait -- There isn't enough room either because the aisle is too narrow or the store has items in those cardboard kiosks next to the shelves..."


Well, the only thing to do is push my cart close to theirs and hope he/she will move over and let me pass.


This almost always works, but usually comes with a snear of their face probably because I had the audacity to bother them while they are "busy".


What I try to do when stopped in an aisle is to at least push my cart over to the side, leaving plenty of room for others to get past me.


The best option is to not only push the cart over to the side, but find an area in that aisle that has products that are seldom bought, for example, mops and brooms in the Household Cleaning aisle.


Easy to do and prevents one more peeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment